Are airdrops really a waste of time?

good-guy

Credits
$0.00000
I do not have much knowledge about Cryptocurrency airdrops, but I have read that cryptocurrency airdrops are basically reward systems that involve completing a task and getting paid in a specific kind of altcoin. Usually, this kind of tasks involve promoting the altcoin or marketing the altcoin. As a result of that, the promoter, or the worker may get paid. However, the worker may not get paid in mainstream cryptocurrencies. Usually, they are paid in altcoins that are yet to be launched in the market. Since, the altcoin may not have an actual value in many cases, do you think that airdrops are actually worth it?

Last edited:

eLdavis

Credits
$0.00000
For someone like me, I would say it's a waste of time because I haven't been able to cash out on any airdrop before. I have come across a few in the past but none of them have worked out. I have seen some persons who claim it worked for them though.

Spencer

Credits
$2.16130
It's a trial and error thing, you might get lucky in your first trial and you might be unlucky a lot of times, nothing is guaranteed, if you're looking at making a living or a stable income from it you are better off reconsidering and do something else, it has a sunk cost fallacy associated to it, the more you spend time on it, the more you think you'll cash out.

You can do it for fun or as just a side thing, you don't have any leverage as an airdrop hunter, you can be replaced and can't use the skill.

Monster Masterpiece

VIP Contributor
Credits
$0.29710
It's a trial and error thing, you might get lucky in your first trial and you might be unlucky a lot of times, nothing is guaranteed, if you're looking at making a living or a stable income from it you are better off reconsidering and do something else, it has a sunk cost fallacy associated to it, the more you spend time on it, the more you think you'll cash out.

You can do it for fun or as just a side thing, you don't have any leverage as an airdrop hunter, you can be replaced and can't use the skill.
I do not think that it is a trial, it is a job where you complete a job on a partner website like timewall and employer will credit you for your efforts that is what is happenning on case of being a worker on site like timewall and complete airdrop for small credit from employer.

monitizer

Credits
$0.00000
For me l have participated on the airdrops only once and l have l was not able to benefit from it. Although l have seen it from a lot of people giving positive reviews about the same