Why So Many Marketers Got Tired of Affiliate Marketing

Highs

Paid Author
Credits
$0.43720
So many people stopped affiliate marketing but affiliate marketing did not stop. This is a brief of what I faced in my journey as an affiliate marketer.

Many people, including me, thought marketing was an easy money thing, just to get random links, flood it over the internet, especially the social media and get paid huge. The truth is it wasn't that simple. You have to put in your time and energy to get an appealing product, you still have to build trust with your audience, even the bad mouthed once, you have to keep them closer, like pamper them.

You also have to keep up with the changing trends, you keep updating your content else competitors will sweep you off. Commissions ain't even that great and people are seeing less money for the same time and energy invested. You still have to invest in ad, you can't go about throwing your links everywhere, you will be kicked out and probably lose your 12 years account. Although I'm wiser and knowledgeable now, I still think it's not easy getting people to buy your product.

Mika

Paid Author
Credits
$1.22240
One of the reasons why people are tired of affiliate marketing is they find that it it really difficult to generate sales. technically speaking affiliate marketing can make you a lot of money but when you try doing it, you will find that it is really difficult to generate sales. The biggest problem related to affiliate marketing is not having traffic on your website or not having a lot of followers on your social pages. If you do not have traffic or followers how can you sell.

Spencer

Credits
$2.16130
It's pretty simple, because they're affiliated to businesses no one truly cares about, if you're affiliated to a shitty product, no one will care about that and you'll just end up wasting your time and money in promoting such products, if you are looking at making it in the affiliate marketing world, you have to partner with a winning brand that doesn't need any affiliation to sell itself and promote it.

Then on your own side you have to transform yourself to a industry leader, become someone people listen to when you talk, have followers, jump onto podcast and make your name synonymous to your industry.