Is Upwork Still Profitable in 2024?

Spencer

Credits
$1.84930
There has been a lot of changes in Upwork lately and there has been a lot of backlashes from the Freelancing communities, first of all you'll have to make an initial investment before you'll be able to even apply to gigs on the platform, younwill have to buy connects which can be expensive for beginners especially.

I'll advise beginners to learn how to source fr clients from outside sources by themselves and learn how to get clients or move their clients outside of Upwork, but if you're an established freelancer on Upwork you might have some connects you can utilize.

Arunebend

Credits
$0.00000
That's unfortunate news and undoubtedly a poor decision on the part of Upwork. I never worked here, but now that you need to pay fiverr, might be a better option for beginners.

Mika

Paid Author
Credits
$0.73700
Yes, Upwork is still profitable in 2024. I am saying this based on my personal experience. I make most of my online income through Upwork, followed by my blog. If you are new, you might have difficulty in getting contracts but if you continue to push, build skills and knowledge on the areas that are in demand, you will become successful on Upwork. Do not lose hope

Spencer

Credits
$1.84930
The problem of Upwork is that you'll have to pay for connects and it's kind of crazy for beginners because they'll have to pay to be able to apply for a gig, you're the one that's offering your services, and you're still expected to pay, you're better off sourcing for clients yourself outside the platform coupled with you'll still be taxed a commission of 20%.

But if you have the money to buy connects it might be a way to go, because Upwork already has the clients and all you have to do is position yourself as an expert with a portfolio.