How to Improve User Experience and User Interface in a Forum

Mika

Paid Author
Credits
$0.47040
I once was running a forum but I had to sell it because I could not get activities. One of the main reasons why my forums failed was because it gave poor user experience and had a terrible user interface. I learned my lesson hard way but if you want to run a forum and do not want to make the same mistake that I made, here are things you need to consider.

Make sure users can easily navigate through your forums, sub forums, or categories.

Keep important categories on the top and less important on bottom.

Make sure users can easily find popular topics and posts. Showing new topics and posts on the side bar can improve the interface.

Spencer

Credits
$1.08130
A beautiful interface adds to the overall experience of a forum user, it makes them spend more time on the Forum and also interact with it, thereby increase the revenue of the owner, to achieve a standard forum UX, first of all you will have to hire a team of UI designer, these are creatives that can help in crafting a cool design.

Secondly, you hire frontend developers to build it out into code and then integrate it into your backend, but most forums nowadays use a pre-made software so options for customization are severely limited, apart from colors and fonts.