How to ask for a raise?

Vladv26

Credits
$0.00000
Even if it feels uncomfortable, asking for a raise is somethings normal that you should not be afraid of doing if you feel like you deserve it.

In order to ask for a raise you need to come up with a good reason on why you deserve it. This is important because your boss is going to ask you about this. There are multiple things you can mention here such as your accomplishments in the last 6-12 months, your goals for the future, the salary of other workers within the same industry. It's important to know what you are worth and state that directly and confidently while talking to your boss.

You never know how this is going to end, so you'll just have to give it a shot and hope for the best. If you are a good employee and you provide enough value for the company, you'll get your much deserved raise. The answer can also be no, so be prepared for it. Even if your proposal is rejected, listen to the reasoning behind that decision and take a decision whether its worth sticking with the company for any longer or It's time for you to go and try somewhere else for a better option.

Mika

Paid Author
Credits
$0.00000
Before you ask for a raise with your boss, you need to ask yourself a couple of questions, such as: do I deserve it, have my helped my company to get more business, bring in more sales, have I performed well and other similar questions. If your answer is positive, and if you are efficient, productive, creative, you can ask for raise. When you ask for raise you need to make sure that you are giving enough reasons for your employer to think seriously on your case.

Spencer

Credits
$0.00000
Asking for a raise can hinge on different things like your accomplishments, lets say you help the company gained more visibility or you did a deal that made the company money, asking for a raise is justified, in a nutshell, asking for a raise should be proportional to the value you add to your organization.

You can also ask for a raise due to inflation or other changes in political policies where you live, these are all factors an employer should take note of.