Hidden Secrets Schools Don't Want You to Know About Online Learning

Highs

Paid Author
Credits
$0.43720
What are they not telling you much about online learning? I mean higher institutions and the likes. By now you should know that you can learn so much online but at your own pace and convenience. Just you sitting in front of your laptop or just holding your phone. Schools want you in class. You have to follow their schedule, yes they like your face so they want to see you at all times. Funny! But they won't tell you same knowledge you can get even better online. This is the sad truth.

During my days at the university, I wasn't opportuned to get a sophisticated and a high speed internet connected phone or even laptop. So I didn't get to know what I could learn online. Many of my mates stayed off class. They appeared once in a while particularly towards test and exams just to study the lecturer pattern and behavioral attitude, I think plus not to miss out on impromptu tests. Most of them passed excellently and not that they even cheated. Many top universities including Ivy League schools offer free online courses through platforms like Coursera and edx, you can get access to world class education in your kitchen without even paying a dime. Probably this challenges the traditional tuition model so schools won't promote it. But know this, you can learn from the best professor in the world with your smartphone.

Spencer

Credits
$2.16130
Yes, that's the future of Education at least in the developed world, many universities are still going to be there because of building of social connections and also just because it's a culture that won't die anytime soon, but the fact remains whatever you need to learn nowadays can be learnt for free without actually paying a dime to anyone.

You can have Harvard courses in your laptop for free through their online learning platform, it's crazy to be honest, but what's not there is the zeal to study for most people as most just prefer to waste their time scrolling away social media.

Tobytee

Administrator
Staff member
Credits
$-3.29130
Yes, that's the future of Education at least in the developed world, many universities are still going to be there because of building of social connections and also just because it's a culture that won't die anytime soon, but the fact remains whatever you need to learn nowadays can be learnt for free without actually paying a dime to anyone.

You can have Harvard courses in your laptop for free through their online learning platform, it's crazy to be honest, but what's not there is the zeal to study for most people as most just prefer to waste their time scrolling away social media.
I believe it is a choice, and the method of learning does not matter.